How did the modern American political landscape develop based on the the early political developments?
- Madisonian Politics – balance of powers and branches in the government
- Federalist Papers – Newspaper letters based on supporting the Constitution and the new Federal government
- The First Party System (1792-1827) – Creation of Federalist, Anti-Federalist, Democratic-Republican Parties
- Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr Rivalry and Duel – Political leaders disagreed about the scope and growth of federal government
- Burr Conspiracy – Idea that the western regions should separate and form an independent country.
Which of these events shaped modern politics the most? It is an opinion based answer but you should be able support your answer.
First Global Age Timeline Directions: Take the following list and divide the events into columns based on these Areas: Europe, Russia, Africa, Asia, and Americas. Some events will be placed in multiple columns.
Due in Class Monday, Sept. 30
Choose two and write a blog post about your opinion of the event. This is not a description but an opinion.
Link to the preliminary lecture on global imperialism Link