Category Archives: USHistory
Students may choose one of two individual projects:
- Look at different places of Progressive history at EKU, in Madison Co, and KY.
- Students are to take pics and promote the places via social media
- post a reflection on their WordPress page
- Listen to the NPR T-shirt project about the global garment industry
- Compare the events of Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire and the current standards
- post a reflection on WordPress page
This is not a required project but an enrichment activity for students.
For years, Confederate memorabilia has fallen into and out of popularity, and Native American based mascots and sports teams have been chosen for re-development. Of course it is a combination of reasons: sectional racism, political correctness, popular heritage, cultural shifts, familial patriotism, alumni pride.
Find three different memorials or sports teams (not necessarily Confederate or Native American) that are currently being discussed for demolition or removal.
- Explain the history of monument.
- Why is it being challenged?
- What are possible alternatives to destruction?