Category Archives: School Activities
Recap of class activities from the week.
Students watched the Papal Address today during second block. Following the speech students are to complete the viewing guide and read the accompanying Wall Street Journal Article by Wed. Sept 30.
WSJ Article: Pope Francis Ends Cuba Visit With Call for ‘Revolution of Tenderness’
Time Magazine Transcript: Papal Address to US Congress
Time Magazine Transcript: Pope Francis Speech at White Hous
Students may choose one of two individual projects:
- Look at different places of Progressive history at EKU, in Madison Co, and KY.
- Students are to take pics and promote the places via social media
- post a reflection on their WordPress page
- Listen to the NPR T-shirt project about the global garment industry
- Compare the events of Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire and the current standards
- post a reflection on WordPress page
This is not a required project but an enrichment activity for students.