US History: Papal Address to Congress
Students watched the Papal Address today during second block. Following the speech students are to complete the viewing guide and read the accompanying Wall Street Journal Article by Wed. Sept 30.
WSJ Article: Pope Francis Ends Cuba Visit With Call for ‘Revolution of Tenderness’
Time Magazine Transcript: Papal Address to US Congress
Time Magazine Transcript: Pope Francis Speech at White Hous
Viewing Guide: Pope Francis’s Address to Joint session of US Congress
- What do you know about Pope Francis’s Trip to the US and Cuba?
- What other foreign leaders are meeting with the US President this week?
- What is your opinion about a religious leader meeting the US President?
- What are three main points of Pope Francis’s address to Congress?
- What issues/ideas do you agree and disagree with? Why?
- What are the similarities and differences between the United States and Cuba culturally and economically?
- After reading the WSJ article, what are some differences between Pope Francis’s two addresses?
- Why do you think the topics are different?
Twitter Info: #ModelLab?s @Pontifex is Pope Francis @senateMajLdr is US Sen. (KY-R) Mitch McConnell
@RandPaul is US Sen. (KY-R) Rand Paul @RepAndyBarr is US Rep (KY-R) Andy Barr