ENG10 Weekly Update Jan 12
Ancient Texts: Flood
- “The Flood” and “The Return” from Gilgamesh
- “Noah and the Ark” from Book of Genesis
- “Deucalion” and “Tata and Nena”
Choice of blog postings: Why do different cultures have a common flood story?
Hebrew Bible Reading: Book of Ruth
Choice of blog postings: Is the story of Ruth a tale of love, compassion, or both?
New Testament Readings: Parables of Jesus
Required writing: Recreate one of the parables using a modern setting and motif.
Vocabulary Group 1 Quiz
Thursday, Jan 15
Religious Poetry: Readings from Psalms and Koran
- Understand the function of parallelism and antithesis
- Look at examples of didactic literature