US History Unit 06: 1920s and 1930s
Discussion Questions: How did the Progressive Amendments Create the 1920’s and 1930’s?
Amend 16 (1913) _Federal Income Tax and Federal reserve Act
- What are these?
- Why do we need them?
- What would WJ Bryan Think of them?
Amend 17 (1913) Direct Election of Senators
- Who would benefit from this change, why?
- Who would lose power/influence, why?
Amend 18 (1918) Prohibition of Alcohol
- Who supports this social Change, why?
- Who would be against this, why?
Amend 19 (1918) Women’s Suffrage
- Why 1918?
- Who was against this change, why?
Notes for 1920’s and 1930’s Link
- Class Reading: Interest
- New Deal Programs 14 Agencies
- New Deal Programs Charting the New Deal
- New Deal Programs Wikipedia
For further research and Interest: