Culminating Project for The Iliad and The Aeneid are due March 6, 2013
Follow the link Read the rest of this entry
Unit One (Choose One)
- Write a myth comparable to the ones we have read in class.
- Compare Gilgamesh and Sundiatta as Epic Heroes.
- Identify and describe an Epic Hero of Pop Culture.
- How does knowing about death change the way you live?
- Essay Response to Prisoner p1029 #9 or Train p1015 #10
Unit Three (Complete both)
- Trojan War Topics: Using The Iliad p 171 #7,9,11,13 Choose any of these questions and answer for your required essay
- Choose any of the Writing response questions for Plato p197, Catullus p301, Ovid p313
Tuesday: Reading The Iliad Book 1. Ans questions
Wednesday: Reading The Iliad Book 18 and 22. Ans questions
Thursday: Reading The Iliad Book 24. Ans questions
Friday: Vocabulary quiz and Begin reading The Aeneid. Ans questions
- Rhetoric and the Iliad (guardian.co.uk)
- Iliad Translation Contest ~ Stephen Mitchell as Judge (rogueclassicism.com)
- On Homer, fine-tuning ‘The Iliad’ and being the rock star of translators (macleans.ca)