Students need to make a post or an additional page with their name. Pages with only login names instead of given names will not be graded.
Each student must complete summer reading for Sophomore English. The purpose of these additional readings is to promote independent life-long learning. Every student must read two books, Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe and one from the selections list on the reverse page. By requiring students to read both a common text and a personal selection, students will be able to enter the classroom with a shared background and an individual experience. In addition to reading the books, a combination of activities must be completed to demonstrate comprehension of text and application to prior learning.
- Reader’s Journal: The journal needs to be hand written
- Contained within a single notebook
- include a summary of daily readings
- Book review: 1-2 pgs should include student opinions and
- Reading project selected from the list below, must be completed for both readings. The same project may not be completed for both readings.
All activities are due the second Friday of the school year, and it is the student’s responsibility to turn in the assignments on time. Any students, who enroll after August 1, must speak with Mr. Wilson about completing the assignment.