Description of Studies
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able understand and interpret multiple forms of written material, compose thoughtful well balanced essays, and maintain a personal web presence.
- Students will arrive to class on time, prepared, and ready to learn.
- Positive Remarks and Collegial attitudes are highly recommended.
- Students will treat each other equally and with respect.
- Food and Drink should be consumed before or after each class.
- Textbook: Elements of Literature: World Literature (Holt Publishing 2007)
- Daily Notebook: 3-pong Folder with notebook paper
- Writer’s Journal or Blog (resources)
- Pencil or Pen (Black only; other colors will not be graded)
- Summer Reading Outline
- Introductory Materials
- Unit One: Ancient Middle East
- Unit Two: Africa and Middle East
- Unit Three: Ancient Greece and Rome
- Unit Four: William Shakespeare
- Movie Review of Ten Things I Hate About You Eng-TameShrew
- Unit Five: Mideival and Renaissance Literature