Category Archives: AsianStudies
Use the link to click through to the test.
Due Friday, May 24.
- Students are to submit a digital product (i.e. PowerPoint, Prezi, Video, SlideRocket)
- Must include MLA Citation Page
- Use of at least 10 different sources.
- Generate a Travel Vita for a 10 day business trip. (2-3 travel days, 1-2 Business work days, 5-7 Culture days.)
- Cultural Itinerary: 5-7 days of events that take place in both the morning or afternoon.
- Cultural and Historical Facts about the area.
Since 1949, Taiwan has constantly redeveloped its relationship with the USA and China. Some are assuming that this is leading to an independence of Taiwan in the near future, possibly in 2013 or 2014. Answer the following questions about this issue after reading the articles.
- What are benefits to Taiwan of independence?
- What factors are leading the way for Taiwanese Independence?
- What are downsides to Taiwan of independence?
- What factors are hindering Taiwanese Independence?
- If Taiwan gains independence, what would happen to the Chinese Autonomous Regions?
Read the following articles and webpages to answer these questions.
- How/why did China choose to take over these regions?
- What are the major issues with retaining these areas instead of granting them independence?
- Why are ethnic rights in China oppressed?
Between the end of World War II and 1975, the British Raj would collapse and develop into three newly independent countries. As a result, the region of South Asia would redevelop into a modern collection of religious, economic, and cultural alliances in constant flux. Key concepts you should glean from the readings:
- Who were the leaders of the independence movements and what were their motivations?
- Why is Kashmir a constant area of conflict?
- What were the factors leading to the independence of East Pakistan?
- What are the political views of the USA, China, and Russia in the region?
- What are the largest deterrents to the economic development of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh?